The Weeknd Net Worth (Canadian Singer, Songwriter and Record Producer)
The Weeknd Net Worth Abel Makkonen Tesfaye is a Canadian professional record producer, singer, and songwriter. The Weeknd was born on February 16, 1990, in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. The Weeknd born name is Abel Makkonen Tesfaye and he has helped broadened R&B’s musical palette to incomplete its indie and electronic styles. The Weeknd work has been categorized and considered the alternative R&B tag. The Weeknd Net Worth is around $95 million according to current stats and figures which is increasing day by day because of his mainstreams success and stardom. The Weeknd got people attention when he uploaded several of his songs to YouTube under the name of “The Weeknd” in 2010. The Weeknd latter released his critically acclaimed mixtapes which include “House of Balloons”, “Thursday”, and “Echoes of Silence” in 2011. The Weeknd signed with Republic Records and remastered his mixtapes and released in the compilation album Trilogy in 2012, and later created his record label “XO”. The Weeknd is the only male singer in Canadian history who has 3 singles “Beauty Behind the Madness” in 2015, “Starboy” in 2016 and “My Dear Melancholy” in 2018 on the US Billboard Hot 100 chart and no 2 release “Kiss Land” on the US Billboard 200.
The Weeknd Early Life
Abel Makkonen Tesfaye was born in Toronto, Ontario, Canada on February 16, 1990. The Weeknd was raised in the district of Scarborough in the east end of its city. The Weeknd was the only child of his parents who migrated from Ethiopia to Canada in the late 1980s. His mother worked as a nurse and caterer in order to support his family. Tesfaye learned Amharic during his childhood years and attended Ethiopian Orthodox church services. The Weeknd stated in an interview that his father abandoned the family when he was only 6 years old and he saw him vaguely and then again when he was 11 or 12 years old. He said that he had a new family and kids and he doesn’t know where his father lived. The Weeknd Net Worth is around $95 according to some credible sources.
The Weeknd states he began smoking at age 11 and later moved on to harder drugs. He admitted he was addicted to ecstasy, oxycodone, Xanax, cocaine, psilocybin, and ketamine. The Weeknd attended West Hill Collegiate Institute and Birchmount Park Collegiate Institute in Toronto. Tesfaye later moved to the Parkdale area of Toronto.
How much is The Weeknd worth?
The Weeknd Career Beginning and Breakthrough
The Weeknd started his musical journey when he met Jeremy Rose a producer who had an idea for a dark R&B musical project, played one of his instruments for Tesfaye. Tesfaye rapped over it and later the two collaborated on an album. The Weeknd rapped three songs “What You Need”, “Loft Music”, and “The Morning” for Jeremy Rose. The Weeknd uploaded all of these three songs on his YouTube channel. The songs got media attention and later included in a blog post from “Darke” and he got the chance of his life. Various media outlets including “Pitchfork” and “The New York Times” started coverage of all these songs. The Weeknd released his debut mixtape “House of Balloons” on March 21, 2011, which included production from Canadian producers such as “Illangelo” and “Doc Mckinney”. Tesfaye got the chance of his life when he began a tour of Toronto and Drake was in the audience to view the performance. Drake approached Tesfaye and described a potential collaboration between the pair after watching his performance. The Weeknd Net Worth dramatically increases after getting the chance of his life.
The Weeknd collaborated with Drake and over the summer of 2011, he contributed to five songs o Drake’s “Take Care” album both as a writer and as a featured artist. The Weeknd is one of the most successful singers in the Canadian history who has earned 8 top ten entries on the US Billboard Hot 100 chart. The singles including “Love Me Harder” with Ariana Grande, “Earned It”, “I Feel It Coming”, “Pray For Me” with Kendrick Lamar and “Call Out My Name”. The Weeknd became the first singer in Canadian history to hold the top three positions on the Billboard Hot R&B Songs chart including “Can’t Feel My Face”, “Earned It” and “The Hills”. The Weeknd Net Worth will surely be increased as he has a bright future ahead.
The Weeknd Biography and Important Details
|Born Name||Abel Makkonen Tesfaye|
|Nick Name||The Weeknd|
|Birthdate||February 16, 1990|
|Born Place||Scarborough, Ontario, Canada|
|Education||West Hill Collegiate Institute, Birchmount Park Collegiate Institute|
|Occupation||Record Producer, Rapper, Singer, and Songwriter|
|Genre||Hip Hop, R&B, Soul, Pop, and Alternative R&B|
|Instruments||Vocals and Keyboards|
|Labels||Republic Records, XO|
|Height||5 ft 7 in or 170 cm|
|Weight||75 kg or 166 lbs|
|Spouse||Bella Hadid, Selena Gomez, Yovanna Ventura, and Alice Ustinova|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Measurements||Chest – 39 in
Arms – 13.5 in
Waist – 34
Is The Weeknd really go to jail?
The Weeknd was arrested in January 2015 for punching on duty Las Vegas Police officer. Due to which The Weeknd was sentenced to 50 hours of community service to control his anger emotions. Later in December 2015, The Weeknd was a center stage of controversy when he was sued by Cutting Edge Music, who alleged that the “bass line” for “The Hills” had been taken by The Weeknd for a composition featured in the score for The Machine.
Interesting Facts about The Weeknd
- The Weeknd started his career in 2010 when he uploaded his songs on YouTube which got Drake attention and he included all the songs in his blog post.
- The Week is good friends with Drake, and their friendship started when The Weeknd was on a tour and Drake was in the audience to view the performance. Drake approached Tesfaye and described a potential collaboration between the pair.
- The Weeknd parents migrated from Ethiopia to Canada in the early 1980s.
- The Weeknd was raised by his mother and grandmother and his father abandoned the family when he was 6 years old and later never see father.
- Tesfaye credited his stage name “The Weeknd” after inspired by his school dropouts status and left one weekend and never came back to his home.
- The Weeknd Net Worth is around $95 million which is increases day by day because of his popularity graph and stardom.
- The Weeknd was addicted to smoking, drugs, ecstasy, oxycodone, Xanax, cocaine, psilocybin and ketamine at the age of 11.
- The Weeknd named his crew XO. Some people believed that XO stands for hugs and kisses but some people interpret it as “drugs and OxyContin”.
- The Weeknd has fond of music from his childhood and used to listen to different types of genres such as soul, hip-hop, funk, indie rock and post-punk.
- The Weeknd in his professional career so far has won three Grammy Awards, eight Billboards Music Awards, two American Music Awards, nine Juno Awards, and has also been nominated for one Academy Award.