ASAP Rocky Net Worth (American Rapper, Songwriter, Producer and, Actor)
ASAP Rocky Net Worth ASAP Rocky was born in Harlem, New York City, United States is an American professional rapper, songwriter, record producer, and actor. ASAP adopted his moniker from his hip-hop gang A$AP Mob. ASAP Rocky first released his debut mixtape in 2011 to get people attention. After the success of album 1 and album 2, Rocky signed a record deal with Polo Grounds Music, RCA Records and Sony Music Entertainment that made ASAP Rocky a rock star in days. ASAP Rocky Net Worth is around $9 million. Rocky recorded his debut album Long. Live. A$AP in 2013, which peaked at number 1 spot in US Billboard Hot 200 chart. Rocky released his second studio album “At. Long. Last. A$AP” in 2015. The album peaked at #1 position in US Billboard 200 chart, making ASAP Rocky second consecutive album to be on the number spot and has received positive reviews from music critics. Apart from releasing his albums, Rocky has also directed videos for himself, Danny Brown, SpaceGhostPurrp, and his A$AP Mob members. Rocky also produced videos under the pseudonym Lord Flaco and becomes a noted record producer in Hollywood Industry.
How ASAP Rocky Spent his Early Life?
Rakim Mayers was born in the neighbors of New York City in Harlem. Rocky father belongs to Barbados and his mother is African American. Rocky’s cousin Nast is his ASAP Mob member. Rockey has fond of rapping from his childhood and starts rapping from a young age when he was only 9 years old. At the age of 12, Rocky father went to jail in connection with selling drugs and later his father died in 2012. Rocky brother was killed by a mob in Harlem when he was only 13 years old. After the incident, Rocky took rapping seriously and grew up admiring Harlem-based rap gang The Diplomats and also likes Mob Depp, Three 6 Mafia, UGK, Run DMC, Wu-Tang Clan, and Bone Thugs—Harmony bands. ASAP Rocky sold drugs with his mother and sister to earn a livelihood while moving around homeless shelters. He was selling crack at the age of 15 in the Bronx area. Rocky moved to midtown Manhattan from New York City after living for a period I a shelter. ASAP Rocky Net Worth is around $9 million.
Some Important Details about ASAP Rocky
|Born Name||Rakim Mayers|
|Nick Name||Lord Flaco, Always Strive and Prosper, A$AP Mob, A$AP Rocky, A$AP|
|Birth Year||October 3, 1988|
|Born Place||Harlem, New York City, United States|
|Labels||ASAP Worldwide, Polo Ground Music, RCA Records, Sony Music Entertainment|
|Height||5 ft 10 in or 179 cm|
|Girlfriend||Iggy Azalea, Rita Ora, Rihanna, Channel Iman, Zoe Kravitz, Kylie Jenner, Kendall Jenner|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Shoe Size||11 US|
|First Album||Long. Live. ASAP|
ASAP Rocky Career Beginning
ASAP Mob crew consists of a group of rappers, producers, video directors, fashion designers, and bikers who shared similar interests in music, fashion and style due to which ASAP Rocky joins the group. The group had been formed by A$AP Yams who is an executive producer “Steven Rodriguez”, A$AP Bari and A$AP lllz. Rocky released his single “Purple Swag” in 2011, which quickly became a street anthem in New York City streets. Rocky single “Peso” that was leaked online, received airplay on the high-profile Hot 97 New York Station and peaked at the top for 4 weeks. Rocky received attention from multiple labels when he released his single “Purple Swag”. Rocky signed a deal with RCA Records and Polo Ground Music worth of $3 million after the release of his mixtape Live. Long. A$AP in October 2011. Later in 2011, Rocky started his own worldwide label company with executive producer “Steven Rodriguez”. Rocky was nominated for BBC’s Sound of 2012 on December 5, 2012. ASAP Rocky Net Worth is around $9 million which is increasing day by day.
How much is ASAP Rocky Worth?
ASAP Rocky Net Worth is around $9 million which is increasing day by day. ASAP earns this money through his albums and his company which he establishes with executive producer “Steven Rodriguez” and A&R in 2011.
Is ASAP Rocky Really go to Jail?
ASAP Rocky allegedly slapped a woman fan when he was performing at Budweiser Made in America Festival on August 31, 2013. Rakim was charged with a class two misdemeanor “with misdemeanor simple assault”, however, the case was dismissed later when the witness didn’t show up to appear to court. On July 10, 2014, the witness woman later filed a lawsuit again, stating that she still suffered certain conditions following the alleged assault. Rakim Mayers defended himself and stated that he didn’t touch the woman and that she was well aware that there could be trouble in so many people. Later that in 2015, the lawsuit was settled between the two on April 22, 2015.
ASAP Rocky Interesting Facts
- Rocky said in an interview that ASAP stands for “Always Strive and Prosper”
- ASAP father was sent to jail because of selling drugs when he was 12 years old. Later his father died in 2012.
- At the age of 14, Rocky started selling drugs with his mother and sister to earn their livelihood around homeless shelters in Manhattan, New York, and a year later he sold crack in the Bronx area.
- His older brother actually taught him rapping when he was only 8 years old.
- Rocky released his first album in 2013 which peaked at #1 spot in US Billboard 200 chart for four consecutive weeks. ASAP Rocky Net Worth is around $9 million which is increasing day by day.
- Rocky becomes the hottest rapper around in 2015 when he released his second album which also peaked at #1 spot in Billboard 200 chart
- Rocky had some controversy for having prolonged disputes with rappers 50 Cent and Azealia Banks.
- Rocky was detained in jail in 2012 when he had struck a man in a New York clothing store and the whole altercation was filmed by two photographers who were standing outside the store.
- In 2011, ASAP establishes his own company with A&R and executive producer “Steven Rodriguez”, who is also known by his name as ASAP Yams.
- ASAP joins ASAP Mob gang in 2007 and also directed some videos of the crew.